Saturday, March 21, 2020

Our Garden

We prepped the garden. That neighbor boy came over and I told him Carter couldn’t ride bikes until his garden prepping was done. To speed the process up, he offered to help! He pulled weeds with us until the kids had finished their part - it turned out to be 30 minutes! I love this kid.

















The governor closed playground facilities and sports courts today. Beaches and trails are still open and holy cow have they been packed. The weather is nice and I have NEVER seen so many people outside, EVER. They are everywhere. People who live in my neighborhood that I have never seen have taken up walking or jogging as their new hobby! The trails are crowded. I think it defeats the purpose of staying home from work when you take a walk on a crowded trail.


Living Scriptures, a website that streams animated scripture videos as well as other good family movies, announced they will open their website to everyone through April 6th. I signed up for a subscription last Saturday because I was worried we wouldn’t have enough to keep the kids entertained on Sunday. I appreciate what they are doing because a lot of families cannot afford the subscription price. Heck, in six weeks if my husband is not able to get students back in his classroom – I may be regretting paying the subscription fee too. But for now, I am glad we have it. 


I have taught the kids the words to a song we used to sing in church when I was a kid. I'm hoping to avoid a mess like above when we are trying to have a spiritual meeting. I guess all but the "Shop at the store" applies.

No comments:

Post a Comment