Sunday, March 15, 2020

What I thought I knew

My testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ has never been stronger. In October, our doctor prophet Russell M. Nelson – who is a doctor – told us to take our vitamins and get our rest. We all believed it was a metaphorical joke for us to keep up with his monumental changes, when really he was telling us to get healthy because of disease. But, even more importantly, he knew we would not be able to attend church on Sunday so he commissioned the Come Follow Me program so we could still have a spiritual structure in our homes. If that wasn’t enough, he gave us time to practice it in our homes before it was necessary.


I have all the tools I need to homeschool my kids, but the fact that I haven’t had a chance to organize it in a way that works for us and try it out yet makes the first bit stressful and difficult. The Lord did not want our Sundays to feel that way, so He rolled Come Follow Me out early and gave us time to practice! We did not get the Come Follow Me going in our home as much as I would have liked, but we have been doing it at church with the same manual, so it was familiar enough. When we set up church in our home, it went smoothly.

Beckett said the opening prayer (which was a miracle because he has refused to pray in our home for a very long time). Roslyn led the music. Carter played a musical number on the piano. I conducted the meeting. And we used the microphone Beckett got for Christmas to make the meeting feel more official.

I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who knows we cannot be insulated from all the bad in this world, but who protects us just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment