Friday, March 13, 2020

"THE WORST SCHOOL EVER!"



This week we had a time change, a full moon, a worldwide pandemic take flight, Friday the 13th, and to top it all off SNOW! We had snow today!



I took the kids back to the school to get some things: our left-handed scissors (Carter and Roslyn are both south paws), our headphones, and our workbooks. We were there for an hour and fifteen minutes. Beckett got a bunch of books to read, Carter got books and quizzes to go with them, and I got some much-needed socialization. I have been in this school, working with my kids’ teachers every day for nearly four hours per day since August. I am going to miss them. Carter ran back to the music room to get his recorder… Heaven forbid he fall behind with that!


The kids made their own lunches and declared it “the BEST school lunch ever!!” Even though they make their own lunch every day out of the same stuff. For P.E. we played a game my sister, Caroline, got Beckett for Christmas two years ago. It is called Silly Street and it involves large body movements. Beckett does not like to lose anything, especially not games that belong to him. He stomped away yelling “THIS IS THE WORST SCHOOL EVER!” Four hours into homeschool and we are already failing!

I developed a schedule that we will loosely use. I won't be rigid about it, but some things will be important to keep.


Their math!! Holy cow their math! I know Common Core math is designed to find ways for everyone to understand math. I get it, but I don’t understand it. I don’t know that I’ll be teaching them any new concepts, just trying to reinforce the ones they already have… I think Reading and Writing will be our main things.





No comments:

Post a Comment