Saturday, July 4, 2015

Service

This summer, we have a long list of parts of the yard and house to reclaim. One day, I was feeling very overwhelmed at the task. These two young men approached me and asked if they could do any service for me. I brushed them off because they are 18 or 19 year old boys wearing nice clothes. I told them that I didn't want to see them get their nice clothes dirty. They said it was no trouble at all, but I didn't really believe them. Finally, after a couple months - I told them we really did need help and I would love to take them up on their offer. They showed up in work clothes, brought a couple friends, and really took care of things. I feel so much better about the list because we made so much progress today.






This has happened once before - last summer. I was pregnant and trying to get the blackberry vines out of our bushes by myself. These two young men in white shirts and ties walk by and ask if they could help. No thank you, I only have one pair of gloves, and you are not dressed for the work. "Not a problem" they say and they get to work - pulling vines with their bare hands. I went to the garage and dug out two more pairs of gloves. They got all of those vines out of the bushes on our hill. I was so grateful. 



Service really is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment