Tuesday, November 24, 2009

At Last, At Last!!

So, I tried everything. I wrote to Jesse at King 5 news, I called every few hours, I was a real pain in the butt. Finally yesterday morning I got a hold of somebody at Whirlpool - not my account rep - and I asked her what Whirlpool was going to do for my family for Thanksgiving. She didn't have an answer. I asked her why they couldn't just give us a fridge that was already in stock at an appliance store they worked with and replace their stock if it ever did come in. No, they only do that if I had my receipt at the retailer I bought the fridge from. I was so angry. I told them that if I didn't have a fridge by the end of the day Tuesday (today) that I was going to hire a lawyer. Then I gave her all the reasons why I had a pretty good case. She said that she would contact me as soon as there was a change in the status of my order and that was all she could do. I told her that was fine, while she was doing that, I would do what I could to get that fridge here.

Maybe an hour later, I had a small appliance store call me and say that we had been tacked on the end of their route and they would be by between the hours of 6 and 8 PM last night. I was excited, but I didn't hold my breath. At 9:30 PM last night three guys in a brown van backed into my driveway. I still have no idea where they were from. They unloaded my new fridge and took away the old one. They finished at 10:20 PM. We were 16 1/2 weeks without a refridgerator.

The first thing we put in the fridge:

Jello - Blue Rasberry Jello Jigglers

David was so excited to make Jello.

No comments:

Post a Comment