Monday, June 18, 2012

A day in the life

Today was one of those days that I was expecting as a stay-at-home mom. I had always hoped that I could deviate from schedule (Any of you who know me, know that my schedule is very important to me.) I am not a Nazi about my schedule, but I like to have things on the calendar so we don't fill up our days doing nothing.

This morning we were going to go to the park with friends, but it was raining. I decided to run a quick errand into Seattle instead. While we were there, I realized that we were not far off from the zoo and the boat locks. I gave Carter the choice, and he chose the boats. (Although on the way home, he really wanted to go to the zoo too.)

We had a lot of fun. Carter watched the boats come in and out. He sat watching for an hour! Wish I could get that kind of attention span at home! We saw this boat:


Carter was very interested in what all the boat's names were. This captain sat and talked with us while he was going up, and waiting to go out. He was very nice. It is a wooden boat, built back in 1929 and restored in 2000. You can see more pictures here:


On the way home (and the drive up), Carter shouted out a few vehicles. He has been very excited every time he sees a Subaru, saying: "THAT'S A SUBARU, JUST LIKE MY DADDY DRIVES A SUBARU!!"

He says the same about Saturns, except he inserts "YOU" instead of "MY DADDY".

On Saturday, he started shouting a new one:

He calls them Mickeys. It is one of those little kid things that I know he'll grow out of pretty quick, but it is so cute. I have to say "Yeah, that is a Mini, you are right." to correct him though.

He finally stopped calling his toes "Towees". I call them "Towees" and he corrects me. Sad. He is growing up so much in his language.

Slow down kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment