Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The things he says!

Daddy and Carter went on a mini road trip last night to pick up some car parts. On the way back, Carter let him know that he had to potty. David pulled over at the first place he could - Dairy Queen. After they were finished in the bathroom Carter says:

"We should get some food to eat at the restaurant."

Daddy says:

"I don't think there is anything here you can eat."
Carter says:

"It's okay Daddy, I can eat french fries."

That logic was so persuasive that Daddy bought him french fries.


Speaking of Carter asking to go potty - Carter has seemed to finally bounce back from his regression. He hasn't had an accident in 2 days, and he is more than willing to go and tell us when he needs to go!!! He is also waking up dry again. Yay!!


We have switched over to Christmas music. I heard Carter in the back seat singing "Sure am glad I quit the hard drugs." (from his Old Hippie song). He loves that song, but I just think 2 is a little young to be singing about that. So, we moved onto Christmas. It was very difficult to switch. He didn't want to hear anything else.


As a parent I find myself saying "we" a lot when referring to something that he needs to do. For example, in the morning I will tell him "We have to finish our oatmeal before we get down and play." He will correct me "No, you are not eating oatmeal. Only me". He is quick to correct me when I say "we" are doing something when only he is doing it.


This morning he tells me "We need to go to the donut shop so you can get a donut and I can get a candy." The lady at our donut shop always has a candy for him. He thinks it is the greatest place on earth. If I wasn't so sick, we might not go as often.

Carter has a little hero worship going on with an older boy at church. He thinks he is so cool. His name is Ben. Ben's mom invites us to all of his sports. He is now in track. We went to his track meet today and he ran pretty hard. Carter was so excited to watch. When we got home the doggies were barking at the neighbor. I was calling them to come in and Carter says to me "No, you only yell for Ben, not at doggies!"

No comments:

Post a Comment