Thursday, July 5, 2012

Animals

I got this really cool mat for a quarter. It has all the letters of the alphabet on it, with pictures of zoo animals. It came with no animals. I thought it would be a really good learning toy, even without the animals. Then, my friend Chandra found 13 of the animals at a garage sale. She gave them to me, and now I am on the lookout for the rest. Carter has a lot of fun with the animals. He gets stuck on Monkey though. He says that Monkey starts with "W, and upside down W". We are working on it.






So, this is my fun summer project - find the rest of the animals. So far I have and need:
Alligator
Bear
Camel
Dolphin
Elephant
Flamingo
Giraffe
Hippopotamus
Iguana
Jaguar
Koala
Lion
Monkey
Nightingale
Ostrich
Penguin
Quail
Rhinoceros
Seal
Tiger
Urial - like a big horned sheep
Vulture
Walrus
X-Ray Fish
Yak
Zebra

We have a Zebra and white Bear that we have been using - but I am still on the lookout for the ones with the red letters on their chest so Carter can see the "match". We have also been using it as a matching game.

No comments:

Post a Comment