Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sibling Preparation

Carter took a class about being a big brother. I don't know how much he learned, but I learned that he is a pro at changing diapers! He didn't need any help, and he even remembered to wipe, despite the fact that there were no wipes available. He got the diaper on and off with very few problems. Lets just hope he does not try to do this on his own with a real baby.






He came home learning some interesting things. He remembers the umbilical cord, although in his memory it was a "REALLY LONG PENIS". He knew that the umbilical cord turns into a belly button, thankfully. He also has begun telling me that he has special milk to feed the new baby. He told me last night "It comes from circles on my belly." Then he proceeded to pull his shirt up to shop me his nipples. I am hoping that he doesn't attempt to feed the baby in the middle of the night too.

We have our plan all set up for what to do when Baby Elmer comes. He will go play with his friend Andrew and Emma. We even have a back up just in case they are at the babysitter or out of town. Last week he went to play with Andrew and Emma while the adults went out to dinner. He was convinced the next morning that I had the baby!!


No comments:

Post a Comment