Monday, March 30, 2020

Homeschooling back when it was cool



This sums up what I've been feeling. The days just wrap together now. I cannot believe this is our third Monday. I miss our teachers so much. Not just because they take my kids off my hands for SEVEN hours a day (which is way too long for the kids), but because they are my friends. Beckett's teacher's birthday is coming up and I am going to miss it because she is home and I am home. 


We have gotten into a good groove. Carter is so motivated by tickets, he has done some amazing things. Last night I hadn't cleaned the pots and pans from dinner. Well, Carter had them scrubbed, dried, and put away before I got up. He also had a load of laundry all queued up - but not started because he was waiting so it didn't disturb my shower! If I didn't have to teach them anything new and I could take them on field trips - I could do this full time.

The lady down the street home schools her own kids - like back when it was unique and cool not like now that everybody's doing it. Her girls are building a gazebo in the back yard. They have to design it themselves. That takes a lot of real world math. I hope I can teach my kids real world things too.



No comments:

Post a Comment