Friday, May 7, 2010

Peaches . . . . Yuck

I do not like peaches. I think they are gross. I have read that you need to feed baby a variety of foods, even if that means feeding them something that you don't like. I did it. I didn't want to, but I fed him peaches. The second day (Monday) he vomited. Only once. I didn't think much of it. Babies puke, just like puppies. I never freaked out when Blu or Vortex puked.

Wednesday night he let loose. Between 6:30 and 7:30 PM he vomited 11 times. He was only dry heaving by the end. His poor body. He never cried. Not once. He got nasty peach vomit all over my friend Chandra's carpet (Lydia's mom). Then on the way home, in Lydia's bib and with her burp cloth (we ran out after 4 pukings), he did it three more times in the car. I called the nurse hot line. I described his symptoms. They asked if anyone else in the house is sick. I wasn't feeling so hot - but nothing really to complain about. Sounds like peaches don't agree with him they said. They did not recommend getting him in. Me on the other hand had to come in right away. I wasn't vomiting. Neither of us had a fever.

We left for urgent care at 8:00 PM in Bellevue (about a 30 minute drive with no traffic). That is the closest one that our insurance will pay for. Sounds eerily like our having a baby experience. But they got me right in, and right out. We were home before David got home from work. I have Mastitis. By the time I got home I was in bad shape. I really started to feel it on the way over there. I got my medication and was feeling much better the next morning. They looked at baby Carter - smiling and flirting with the doctors. Sounds like he just doesn't like peaches they said.

We had a doctors appointment Thursday for his swollen finger, the red patch on the back of his head, and the vomiting. He was so happy to be there. He laughed and flirted with the nurse. Sounds like peaches don't agree with his tummy the doctor said. I have three medical professionals now that can attest that I don't have to get those nasty peaches out any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment