Saturday, March 26, 2011

Piano Prodigy

Carter is not the typical kid when it comes to the piano. He is very gentle. I haven't played since I was pregnant with him, so he has never seen our piano used. However, he seems to know exactly what to do. He uses his fingers instead of his hands, and he uses all the keys he can. He has never seen this on TV, and up until recently he has never seen a piano played. On Sunday during church he ran over to help Sister Shumway play in Relief Society. He was content to watch for only so long. I actually couldn't hear his key strokes for a couple verses. Then I had to go and remove him. I think his playing was more quiet than the fight that ensued. Here is a small clip of Carter playing our piano:

I got this piano from Great-Great Grandma Lewis while I was pregnant, about a year before she died. We are indeed grateful for it. I know I need to play it more. She bought it brand new in 1951. Her and her kids walked up and down the road picking up cans to get the money to pay for it every month. She was an amazing lady. She was very musical. She could play a mean Old Rugged Cross, even at 96!!

No comments:

Post a Comment