Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WOW he's learning fast

Carter is learning at an amazing rate. New things that he has done this week:
  • Said his first two-word combination: "Daddy Hat".
  • Signs "Please" all by his self, no help.
  • Says "Thank You" without prompting.
  • Says "Bye Bye" without prompting. Everytime I end a conversation on the phone - he shouts "Bye Bye".
  • Says "Amen" at the end of every prayer.
  • Walks to the changing table when I tell him it is time for a diaper change - even if the door is shut, he waits for me to come and open it. He has the attention span to finish the trek.
  • Signs "Eat" and "More" when he is hungry without prompting. He will come to me to let me know he is hungry.
  • Concerned that I am hurt. When we went to the chiropractor, he was playing and having fun, until the doctor started his thing. Then he wanted me to hold him while he scowled at the doctor.
  • Identifies himself verbally in his reflection. We still call him "Baby Carter", so he identifies himself as "Baby". He has not used that word for anything/anyone else to me.
  • Has mastered the art of distraction. If he wants something and I derail his plans, he runs clear across the house and makes a diversion. When I get to his mess, he runs back to what he was trying to do in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment