Thursday, September 29, 2011

Turning Two

Carter turned two, and we had a "Yay! You made it!" party. We invited his friends from church, and some of the neighbor kids - the ones he knows. I tried really hard not to get carried away. I have been to some birthday parties that make me feel seriously inadequate as a mother. I was not about to even attempt that. It was very low key. Let them run around and have fun right? That's all they want to do anyways. So, I borrowed some toys from the neighbor, and we had some games. I also did a scavenger hunt of sorts. There was no structure at all. 

All-in-all we had a little over 50 people come. He had no idea what the fuss was all about.


My cousin brought chocolate covered strawberries & he was in heaven. He got kind of carried away.


David & I made a cake to look like a basketball. He was sooooooo excited about it, until he learned that it wasn't a real ball. He was very disappointed, and wanted none of it.


He got so many fun things, despite the fact that I strongly discouraged toys, and he loves them all.


 This was one of my favorite parts. A boy in his nursery class at church brought him a book with a Fire Truck on the front. David asked him what it was. He said "Toddler Bed". His toddler bed is a fire truck: See Past Post Here. We have since educated him on what a fire truck is. I'll post his rendition of a Fire Truck sound on another day.


For the scavenger hunt, kids & adults went around the yard and garden identifying plants. They were all tagged, and some were very difficult. The hardest ones were the plants that had already flowered, and were just leaves. Even the adults had trouble.


Thanks to my neighbor, we had some ring toss, and a few VERY competitive games of Tug-Of-War. Carter was perfectly fine watching.


Until Daddy got involved. He bawled.


So Daddy had to hold him while he played.


We had a great time. The aftermath was kind of crazy, but we got to send it all back at the end of the day. Carter sure enjoyed himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment