Monday, April 6, 2020

Despite bad reviews, they decided to keep me on for the rest of the school year!


I am piecing together a portfolio for my 30-day review at my new homeschool teaching job. I was hoping someone would see my bad reviews and let me go while I am still in my trial period. Unfortunately, the governor announced today that I get to keep my job for the rest of the school year. While I am devastated that kids are missing out on all the important things – like prom, graduation, high school drags, and yearbook signings – I knew this was coming. I never expected for us to go back. Heck, I believe this will run into next school year. We might go back in September because things are looking good, but I think they will shut things down again because this isn’t going to go away until it runs its course or until we get a vaccine.
Anyway, here is my review portfolio so when my kids end up with fewer skills next year – I can point to this and say “Told you so.”

A couple weeks ago a neighbor reported to me that Carter told her I make a better mother than a teacher! Since then, his assessment of me has not improved. 

When I was mailing last week’s round of letters, I peeked at a letter to someone I hadn’t expected him to write to. He wrote this! I did mail it, as I find it humorous. But the honesty is a bit painful. 


Today, we started a Time Capsule. Someone very kindly prepared sheets for the kids to fill out. Carter was again brutally honest. I can’t wait to see what the other kids say about me.




No comments:

Post a Comment