Thursday, April 2, 2020

Field Trip Gone Wrong


Today we were going to take a field trip to the car doctor an hour-and-a-half away. The engine is still under warranty, so they told us to bring it down. David has done everything he can for this car and it just isn’t working right. Fortunately, it is my spare spare sports car and I can live without it for a bit longer.


David was worried it wouldn’t make it, but I wasn’t. I brought road trip games for the kids. We packed snacks. I wanted to go and find a nice wooded area to picnic. Unfortunately, the car had other plans. It died at the second intersection we got to. It WOULD NOT start back up. David had to tie me up to a tow strap and pull me home. Talk about scary. I was no further away than ten feet from his car the whole time! I was worried I was going to rear-end him and wreck both of our cars.


The kids got an education on why not to rope tow a car and the importance of having AAA. A very nice man from AAA came and loaded up my car. The poor guy had to make the hour and a half drive by himself. Then turn around and drive an hour and a half back empty. Normally, traffic would have been a bear! But, the freeways are pretty empty right now, so I didn’t feel too bad.


And just to be clear, we were all going to stay in the car, hand them the keys and leave. Except for me, who was going to exit MY car and get into David’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment