Monday, December 6, 2010

Straight No Chaser

I love these guys. David bought me tickets to go see them back in June or July. He wrote it on the calendar and stuck the tickets to the bulletin board in the kitchen hoping I would find them. He had to tell me - I guess I am just that unobservant. We went to see them Thursday night in Seattle.

This group exists just to show you the power of the internet. They started out as a group of friends in college who wanted to sing. They started their group at Indiana University in 1996. After graduation in 1999 they all went on with their lives. It wasn't until a video got posted to YouTube in 2006 by one of the group members that their reputation took off. They received MILLIONS of hits. In 2007 alone that one video received over 7 million views. One view is all it takes for most people, and that is all it took for the Chairman/CEO of Atlantic Records. They were signed to the record label and are touring.

The show that we went to was near the end of a 75 show tour this year. After the show, they all came out for a meet-and-greet. I would have loved to meet them, but we had to get home to get the baby.

For more videos, visit their YouTube Channel.



If this doesn't work, you can see this video HERE

If this doesn't work, you can see this video HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment