Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"I love you"

Carter told me he loved me for the first time on Saturday. It was completely unprompted. He WILL not repeat me if I tell him I love him. He has said it a couple times. He doesn't say many recognizable words, although he is trying to repeat everything we say to him. He won't repeat "I love you". He has to say it on his own. It is really cute, and really quiet. If you aren't paying attention, you will miss it.

He is also getting an imagination. I went to pick him up from bed time the other day, and he had this ball wrapped up in his blanket. He said it was a baby. I asked him if he meant "Ball". He said "BABY". He even kissed and snuggled with his baby. Until I suggested breakfast, and he threw it down and shouted "NANA". He does love his bananas.


He is very good at finding a way to get something he wants. He will usually ask for help "Hoo Hoo" and making the sign. The signs have turned out to be very helpful - mostly because help and phone sound exactly the same!! However, if he sees something he wants, he will often times just figure out a way to get it on his own. We went to the park on Thursday and he came running to me asking for help. I got up and started walking towards him. He turned around and ran to the other side of the playground. He had found a riding toy, and it was stuck in the bark. He wanted help getting it unstuck. After we got it to the concrete, he said "Thank You" and rode away. He is so polite.

So, on to the next set of pictures. He wanted a drink. He saw his cups drying on the counter, and he found a stool to get one. They were not put together, so he decided to put them together himself. He is so clever:


 Unfortunately, his cleverness has its limits - namely his skill level. He put the spout part on the cup, but didn't have the ring to secure it down.


We had some boys from church come over and help me with my garden. I tried to do it while Carter was sleeping, and I didn't get very far. I tried to do it with him awake, and it caused more damage. I gave up. Until a wonderful lady from church offered her boys to come and help. They were so great to have!! I made them cookies. SOMEBODY snuck one off the cooling rack and stole a bite!!


I decided to let him finish the cookie, since I can't stop eating a cookie at one bite either. I made him sit in his seat. He LOVED it.


I asked him if I could get a picture of him eating his cookie. He thought I was trying to take it away. This is him holding it up to where I "can't" reach it. I love his "NO!!!" face.


At this age, they always have time to stop and smell the flowers.


He is obsessed with "Nigh Night" time. We can't go to Target without him trying to climb into the cribs in the baby isle. Every time we go to a friend's house, he climbs in their bed, or uses their couch pillows. I don't know where he got this notion that he needs a pillow. He has never had a pillow in his own bed. He has never seen us sleep in our bed. Nor do we have a television that he could have seen it on.

When we went to The Old Cannery he climbed up on their display beds and went "Nigh Night". Lydia had to join him. It was pretty cute.


Here he is on my bed:


Going "Nigh Night" in the car. Why he likes to do that, I'll never know.


He is so much fun. I am so glad that I am able to stay home now and watch him learn and grow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment