Sunday, December 11, 2011

Santa Again

I am OCD about pictures. I know that we will not get a perfect picture every time. I have never been worried about bumps and bruises - to be honest I forgot about the bruise from our "Cedar Chest" incident (Carter is very quick to point out that he got his bruise because: "I fall down on a cedar chess". It is super cute). I am more concerned that you can see my child's cute little face, and with any luck, a smile.

We get our Santa pictures at The Old Cannery.

So, I was spoiled with this picture in 2009:



In 2010, I knew that we were going to have to have a "Crying on Santa's Lap" picture. Everybody has one right? I was proud to put that on my list of fun photos.


No family picture this year because he was screaming too much.


But, these didn't sit well with me. I knew that once my child warmed up to Santa, he would be fine. So, in the hour that we stood in line (and the whole day leading up to it) I prepped him. We watched other kids sit on Santa's lap, and we showed him the candy you get. But, I still have the "Get me outta here!!", sucking on his hands, crying look.


Not to mention - I don't like the family picture. It is not very symmetrical.


So, without question, my husband braved the line with me again to get the perfect Santa picture.
I think it was worth it!! Carter walked right up to Santa and climbed up on his lap all by his self! We were struggling to catch up with the camera and the stroller. He was such a big boy.


And we got an awesome family picture.


We waited in line for 3 hours to get these pictures (cumulative 4 hours if you count the time we spent in line 2 weeks ago), but it was well worth it. Every time I stand in this line, I make new friends.

We also got to walk around and get some other cute shots. These are some pictures that we weren't intending on comparing, but just happened to get similar shots of.

3 months old:

2 years old:


 2 years old:


3 years old:


3 months old:


1 year old:


2 years old:



No comments:

Post a Comment