Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Good Deals

I am a sucker for a good deal.  I cannot pay full price for anything. I just can't do it. I have trouble paying sales prices for most things. I use a lot of coupons, but not like those extreme couponers. I don't want something for free just because it is free. I just wanted to toot my own horn here for a minute and brag about a couple of good deals I have gotten lately.

You may remember this suit, but for those of you who don't - I got it for $2.73 at JC Penney.


I got this metal gate for the top of our scary basement stairs on Friday for a quarter. Yes, 25 cents. List price on this is $119!!


And this jacket I also got for a quarter:



It looks like a Letterman's jacket.

David and I decided when Carter was born that we would not do too many character themed bedding or clothing items. I could have done his whole nursery in Blue's Clues. However, that was too commercialized for me. I don't want to teach my child that the characters on TV are that important.

That being said, I do have to give him some choice in what he wears. We are having trouble getting him to wear jackets right now. He would rather freeze than wear one. I saw this and decided that I want him covered, and if it takes a bribe - I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment