Monday, January 7, 2013

Heaven

Today on the way to library story time, Carter wanted to hear a song by Brad Paisley - "The one about Heaven". Midway through the song, I get the message that David's Grandma Bobbie passed away.


I honestly believe that kids have a closer connection to heaven than we do. The older we get, the further it gets, then it starts to get closer again as we get older. I am pretty sure that is why my newborn stares around me and past me and smiles like crazy. He is not looking at me, he is looking at the angels watching over him and I. He knows them better than he knows me right now - because he was just with them. 

We are so grateful that Grandma Bobbie has finally been allowed to go home. She was ready, even if we weren't ready to let her go.

We lost a beloved family member - cousin Laura - when Carter was only 4 weeks and one day old. Her funeral was held when he was exactly 5 weeks old. 

Coincidentally, Grandma's passing comes as Beckett turns 4 weeks and 2 days old.

No comments:

Post a Comment