Thursday, January 10, 2013

One Month

Beckett is one month old, weighing in at 12 lbs!


He has been an EVERY 2 HOUR eater (day and night!!), with naps lasting not longer than 20 minutes (including night time). I was so unprepared for this. I was counting on those sleepy newborn weeks to get things done and back to normal.

I finally stopped feeding him every 2 hours this week. I have been stretching him out to 3 and now 4. That involved holing him and rocking him a lot - which is what he wanted anyways.

Just as he hit 4 weeks old, he started sleeping longer stretches at night!! We finally got a 4 hour stretch. The last 2 nights he slept 2 4 hour stretches. We actually got a decent night's sleep. Except, he would start to fuss in his sleep about 30 - 45 minutes before David's alarm went off.

We are finally moving up a diaper size, out of Newborns.

Most exciting thing, is that he is finally looking at me!! I did not know that newborns didn't really look at you. Carter never opened his eyes. This kid will just stare around, and I can't catch his attention. Well, now he watches me. I have been excited for him to notice me and what I'm doing - and now I'm going to wish he would stop watching me so closely for the next 18 years!!



No comments:

Post a Comment