Saturday, March 23, 2013

"I'm a big kid now!"

I first heard Carter stirring about 9:45 this morning. I went in to get him out to potty. (He's been waking up dry now for almost a week. I still have 5 cases of the heavy duty overnight diapers in the laundry room. We might not still need them.)

First thing he said to me was "I peed in there", pointing towards his garbage can. Instead of calling me to take him to the bathroom, he took matters into his own hands. He peed in his garbage can. I couldn't believe it!!! Then he wanted an M&M for his good deed. "But, I didn't potty in my diaper." The kid had a point. So, he got an M&M for not pottying in his diaper. I hope this doesn't become a habit!!


He wanted to wear "The big boy diapers". A friend of mine gave me some Pull-Ups. They have Monster Trucks on them. I tried using them a year ago when Carter refused to go potty before we left the house - just in case. He wasn't fooled. He knew they were not underwear, they were diapers. Today, he said "I'm a big kid now. I can wear the monster truck diapers!!" No, how about we stick with underwear for big kids?

In our house, we call someone's bottom a "bum" or "bottom", so when Carter started using the word "butt" last week, I was surprised. He first used it when his friend Lily fell on her rocking horse. She had slipped and the horse's head hit her in the stomach, knocking the wind out of her. Carter relayed the story and said she fell on her butt. I asked him to repeat his self, and he didn't re-use the word. 

This morning, I poked his belly button and called him silly. He told me not to poke his "butt". I asked him where his butt was.


Right here. It is his belly "butt"on. He was abbreviating it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment