Monday, June 30, 2014

Rest In Peace


The summer of 2002 I moved from Puyallup, Washington to Chandler, Arizona.

I told all my friends "If you're ever in Arizona, look me up." I had one person take me up on it. He called my cell shortly after I got there and said "Hey, I'm going to be in Arizona in two weeks, can I come visit."

My grandmother was gracious enough to let him sleep on her couch. 

Being new to the area, I didn't have a lot of short sleeved shirts, and I didn't own a pair of flip flops. 

This nice, and eager, young man accompanied me to Wal-Mart, where I purchased 2 pairs of $5 flip flops. (I believe it was the week of 4th of July if my memory serves me correctly) 

This pair was my favorite. Today, they died.

David watched it happen. He said to me "Can we finally throw them away now?!"

David has been around for my entire relationship with these blue foot coverings. He has even glued them back together a time or two. However, after 12 years, they cannot be repaired.



Sad day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment