Monday, November 21, 2011

A Clue!!

Every morning I wake up before Carter and get completely ready before I get him out of bed. Sometimes my shower wakes him up, but I still finish getting him ready beforehand. I figure if I don't get ready before he is up I can kiss my shower goodbye. Not to boast, but I can count on one hand the number of times I have not been ready before he is up.

Today was one of those days. David woke me up before he left for work (at 6:30 AM) and told me that I should get up (an hour early) because Carter was awake. I told him to put some toys in the crib to hold him over until I could get up and ready. NOPE. David being the amazing dad that he is heard Carter awake and went in to take care of him. He was changed and fed and playing.

I put my bathrobe on and tried to take over. Carter looks at my bathrobe and shouts "A coo, a coo!!"


I was at a loss for what he was saying. This was a new word for me. Then I saw him point to the paw prints on the bathrobe.


It's a "Clue" from Blue's Clues. He was so excited to find a clue on mommy's bathrobe.

My mother-in-law made me this bathrobe for Christmas two years ago. I love it. It is so soft and comfortable. It is also just the right length - hard to find in a store bought bathrobe. She is a very good seamstress.

We had an day a couple weeks ago where I dilly dallied too long on the computer and Carter woke up before I got in the shower. I went in to his room with some toys and told him I would come get him in a couple minutes. He just stared blankly at me in my bathrobe. I didn't even get a chance to tell him anything. He said "Go get dressed. Put clothes on." and pushed at me. It was so funny. He had never really seen me not dressed before and it completely stunned him. The last time I was not dressed and showered before getting him out of bed, he was an infant in a bouncy seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment