Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bye Bye Croup

Croup can apparently be deadly. I am glad they didn't tell me that when he had it as an infant. The airway swells up and they can't breathe. The doctor told me to keep Carter in cool damp places to keep the swelling down - so that is what we did. Within 2 hours of our doctor's appointment we were at the pool. The next day I remembered that the Children's Museum has a water exhibit so off we went. We played in the water for a good 30 minutes. The day after that we went swimming again. The next morning, his croup symptoms seemed to be pretty well gone. He has a runny nose, but what toddler doesn't right now?

I didn't get any pictures from us swimming. However, I did get pictures at the museum.


He wouldn't take the glasses or the hat off for quite a while.


This is his new "GASP! That is really cool!" and accompanying face:

No comments:

Post a Comment