Monday, January 9, 2012

Croup and Poop

I'll start out with the poop. Carter peed in the toilet for the fist time today!! I sat him down on the toilet and he peed before I could come back with books. He peed all over his pants - of course. Then I asked him if he needed to poop. Yes he said he did. Then he did it. I was so excited. He finally knows what it feels like to actually go in the toilet. I am hoping that it will be a little easier from here on out - now that I can remind him of how he did it.

He was so excited. He asked to call "Grandma and Jordan" and "Pop Pops". So, he called my mother and my father to tell them what a big boy he was. They did not answer so he left a message. Of course we also called David at work. By then, his hoarse little voice (see story below) made it hard for anyone to understand him. So, we went off to play.


On the croup part. Carter woke up multiple times during the night crying for daddy. I called the doctor and they talked to him on the phone. They said he has croup. Nothing we can do, but keep him in a cool moist place. So, we went for a walk this morning, and I have been moving the humidifier around. He just looks so miserable. All I have to do is look at him and he says to me "I'm okay mommy. Are you okay?"


On the bright side, I took this picture yesterday as Carter moved into 3T church shirts. He is such a handsome boy. I love the bumps and bruises. He is such a boy.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on Carter's first use of the toilet. I don't know how I feel about this girlfriend business. I'm sorry he's sick. ♥ Caroline.

    ReplyDelete