Friday, May 11, 2012

Gardening and Updates

Planted my garden today - earlier than ever. Last year I planted near the end of June, and had an awesome crop. This year, I am not planting as much - you learn what your family will and won't eat.

Last year the broccoli and cauliflower were not a big hit. Neither was the celery or the cucumbers.

This year I have two types of peas, beans, acorn squash, more strawberries, bell peppers, carrots, grape tomatoes (for Carter to pick and eat), celery (that grew back from a stalk that apparently didn't get harvested completely), onions, & green onions.


Carter says some of the funniest stuff! I don't know where he gets this.



The other day he told me "When I was born, I was a baby and had to wake you and daddy up. I had to get you out of bed." Later that same day he told me "Before I was a two year old man, I had to grow up."
I had a pest control guy out yesterday to look at a weird bug I found in Carter's room. I wanted to make sure we didn't have a problem, and if we did that I got a head start on it. He looked around the room and saw the toddler bed. He said "With kids, you probably don't get a lot of quiet time to yourself do you?". He was asking me to come in Carter's room and listen quietly for humming, digging, or buzzing - since he didn't see any activity at all while he was there. I relayed this question to David, and Carter answered very quickly: "No".
A few Sundays ago, David was taking Carter back up to his Sunday School class after a potty break. Carter slipped and fell backwards. He rolled down a couple steps before David stopped him. He looks up at David and says: "Good save Daddy!"


No comments:

Post a Comment