Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Apparently we don't have cats

Today Carter was chatting to his self on the couch. I interrupted him to tell him we were leaving. He said

"I was just telling something to the cats"

"Carter, we don't have cats."

"Oh, we only have dogs?"

It has only taken him 2 years to realize that the cats are imaginary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He picked up my tripod today and was singing into it. I told him that it was not a microphone, or a toy and he should put it down.

"Oh, I thought it was a guitar."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is apparently the "I love you song":




We don't actually watch the video, we just listen to the song. Too much scantily clad women (and old men) to expose my toddler to just yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I learned this week that Carter can sing this song word for word. He is constantly yelling "Mommy's song Mommy's song!!" because one day I told him that I could not stand to hear "Itsy Bitsy Spider" in 3 year old any more. I told him we were going to listen to one of Mommy's songs for a change. This happened to be in the CD player too. He can also sing Walking Away by the same band. It is a little creepy hearing a 2 year old say such adult lyrics.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carter woke up with a bad dream the other night. His cars were lost. He could not find them. He would not go back to sleep until he could see them to know they were not lost and have them in bed with him. I did not want to leave them in bed because it would only add to our bedtime ritual. It would become a permanent part. I realized that he already asks for so many things:

Waffle Blanket, Plug, Blue (stuffed animal, not the real dog), Cup of Water, Tent (From an episode of Blue's Clues where they put together a tent, we went to his room and set one up too. Now it is a must EVERY time.), Hug, and a Kiss.

It is cute, but I just can't add to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carter got a "Motato Head" for his birthday. I couldn't pull it out until he was a little more responsible about cleaning up the small things so the dogs don't get them. This was his first attempt at dressing it:

He did a pretty good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment