Monday, February 6, 2012

Toilet Training

Our toilet training is going very well. We have had many days of no accidents. He went all the way through church yesterday with no accident. Last week he even told his Sunday school teacher that he had to potty.



Even though we have a child seat built in to the lid of our toilet, I went out and bought a child seat insert with a shield for little boys who cannot tuck it down yet. I was really sick of being peed on. The day I decided to do that was the day I learned that my child can pee at least 5 feet. He was sitting on the toilet and peed on the sink - 5 feet!! I ask him to tuck it, but he hasn't yet. I tuck it for him, but it doesn't change the fact that he isn't doing it for himself. I caught him playing with some toys, telling the toys to tuck their penis. That was the last time I asked to him to tuck it.



I let him pick his underwear out while we were at the store. He chose the Thomas the Train. He was so excited to wear them. He had 2 accidents in them the first day. The first time he quietly walked out of the room. I asked him if he was going to go potty. He said he was. When I went in to check on him, I found him changing his underwear and socks. He had an accident and just went to take care of it himself. He didn’t want me to help at all.



We have “Practice” runs where we go to the bathroom and he pulls his underwear down even though he doesn’t have to go. He hates it. I asked him: “What do you do when you need to go potty?” His response: “I change my underwear.” Not quiet. Not even close. Am I just training him to go in his underwear so he can wear a different pair?



He asked me about my penis. I told him (for the 50th time) that I don't have one. He said "Oh, you took it off?"



Today he peed standing up for the first time. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment