Monday, August 1, 2011

Chew Your Food! Another pictureless post.

I knew that Carter wasn't a very good chewer. He likes his food mushy so he can swallow it. I don't know what to do to encourage this necessary life skill. He is almost 2, and needs to eat solid foods!

Last night while he was brushing his teeth I smelled it. Then I pulled up his shirt and I saw it soak up the onesie. It went all up his back. Upon David's suggestion, we gave him a bath for the first time in months. He had a shower this morning, so we were hoping that we didn't have to wash his hair and be to thorough. While soaping him up in the bath I saw him start to grunt. I wasn't quick enough, and couldn't get him on the toilet. He exploded in the bathtub. It was gross.

I won't describe his poop except to say there were WHOLE SHELL NOODLES. The kind I use in his Macaroni & "Cheese". ENTIRE NOODLES. They weren't chewed or digested in any way. They went in one side and came out the other side unchanged.

What the heck am I supposed to do about that!!! No wonder food is going right through him, his body can't do anything with it.

Gluten is not our issue. We need to watch YouTube videos on chewing.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's weird! Don't you love how our blogs have changed since having kids? I never would have discussed poop 4 years ago. Now I have no issues.

    ReplyDelete