Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Soy Milk

I have been having some health problems - again. In and out of the hospital with kidney problems. Nothing to worry about. However, they have to keep upping my meds. They get stronger and stronger every time I go in. I cannot breastfeed when I am on the meds. I have been pumping diligently, and dumping it down the drain. As soon as I got off my last round of drugs, I got a cold. Stuffy nose, sore throat, ect. . . Between the drugs and my weakened immune system, my milk supply has been pretty low. We have had to supplement with whole milk.

Carter doesn't seem to mind, he'll drink anything. However, he is starting to get sick. He has blown out of his diaper multiple times in the last week, and he has thrown up twice. Orangish bumps have begun to appear on his cheeks and his back. I am worried that he may have a milk allergy. He has been drinking it for over a month, and we are just now having problems.

When I presented this to David last night after he got home from work at 10:30 he decided that we needed to switch over to soy right away. So, off I went to Safeway at 11:00 last night to buy soy milk. I don't even know if the milk is the problem.

Does anybody have experience with this? Am I doing the right thing, or do you think it is because we have all been sick?


Since I am asking for advice: does anybody have suggestions for a dog that is afraid of the heater when it comes on? Our dogs sleep in our spare bathroom, and there is a heater vent in there. When it comes on they wake up and whine. It is really frustrating at 2:30, and 4:30 in the morning. I have tried moving them out of the bathroom in the past, but I don't really have anywhere to put them now that Carter has taken over his own room.

No comments:

Post a Comment