Sunday, January 16, 2011

Another Milestone

Carter gave me a hug. The first time ever. He walked over to me and put his arms around me and gave me a squeeze. I was in shock at first. That was on Friday.


He also signed "More" for the first time for me. I have been working on that for 16 months to no avail. Today I asked him to "Show me More" and he put his fingers together. It is kind of like he is clapping. I am glad that he can FINALLY communicate with me that way.

Today, he actually cried when I tried to leave him with David for the last 45 minutes of church. We all sit together for the first hour and 15 minutes. Then David usually gets grabbed to do some kind of paperwork or financial thing while I attempt to go to Sunday School. That is the hardest 45 minutes. There are so many people in Sunday School that there is not enough room for me to corral Carter in my own row. We went up to the nursery today for singing time. He enjoyed watching all the other kids sing. Then we went back down so I could trade off with David. He takes Carter to his class and I go to mine. However, today Carter wouldn't go. He wanted to stay with me. He has NEVER done that. He usually cries when I try to take him from David. He wasn't being clingy today - he just wanted me. In my class there was enough room in the back that I had an entire row to myself. I put a chair on each end so he couldn't get out, and he walked from end to end. He had his circle block that goes in his shape toy, and he was a happy camper.


This was Friday. Carter likes to lick his reflection. He could see himself in the window, so he licked it. You can see the condensation around his breath if you look close enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment