Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Prayers

We have only asked Carter to fold his arms 4 times. He is a very stubborn boy, and I didn't want to ask him to do something, have him refuse, and have to make the choice of: forcing him to do something so he doesn't think I will give up when he wants his way - causing him to not want to do it just because I am trying to make him, or give up and let him think that I am giving up because I don't think it is important. What a fine line. So, David and I teach by example. I have asked him to fold his arms when we pray as a family at our weekly family night activity. He doesn't usually eat with us, so it has not been an issue before.

This morning, David's breakfast was ready the same time Carter was finished with his milk. I was about to feed him his yogurt when it was time to pray with David. We folded our arms and began to pray. I glanced at the baby just to see if he was going to throw a fit because he was not getting fed (he is super impatient when it comes to food!!).

He was folding his arms!! Without being asked nonetheless. He held that position for the duration of the prayer.

Times like these scare me. I wonder what else is he going to copy? Has he caught me picking at my nose, or rolling my eyes? I know it is inevitable! I just really hope the impression I make is a good one.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, I love this. You'll always remember this. Kind of like how I found Payden in the bathroom playing with his newfound toy, the tub. He's an exploring man!

    ReplyDelete