Saturday, January 15, 2011

More Milestones

I forgot to mention a couple other milestones that Carter has reached.
The most important of which in my opinion is scraping something off his lip while eating. Last week he got something on his lip and for the first time in his life, sucked his lip in and scraped it with his teeth. He did this after trying to lick it off unsuccessfully. I have been waiting for that for a while now.


Walking while drinking. I know it sounds silly, but he can hold a cup while walking and drink from it without gagging or falling. I think that is talent. I know some adults that cannot do that.

Opening jars. He has the thought process to turn the lid to open the jar. He has been able to do this for about a month. He tries to screw the lid on and off. He doesn't have the strength yet, and I am thankful for that.
Identifying body parts - of people and dogs. He loves to play Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes. He can find my ears, eyes, nose, teeth, and hair. He can also identify the dog's ears.


I don't like balls out in the house. Our foundation is sinking, and the house is slanting towards the south end. All balls roll under something regardless if given their own momentum. This ball went under the baker's rack. He took it upon himself to get it. He has one of those little ball popper things, when they pop up he grabs all of them and throws them to the floor - except the red ones. The goal is to get both red ones - one for each hand. When that task is complete, the toy is abandoned. All the other colors are in the way and must be pushed aside. A red one went by the wayside on accident.



He returns dirty, but victorious.


Carter and David after church. Carter is sporting his green dino vest with tie. The one thing I made sure of, was that he was dressed appropriately for church. I know it is not necessary for his salvation - but I think it is important to show respect for God.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you about dressing up for Sunday. We have a couple outfits that are designated their Sunday outfits. Christian has a hard time with it and doesn't think we should go to all the trouble of dressing them up. It's easier with church at 9 though because you can put it on when they first wake up for the day.

    ReplyDelete