Monday, January 31, 2011

Getting Big


Carter had his well-check today. He is doing great. He eats like a race horse, and pees like one too. Despite the fact that he wears an overnight diaper to bed, he is still soaking himself by morning. If anybody has any suggestions, I will gladly take them.
He weighs in at 23lbs 7oz (minus the weight of the pen he stole from the nurse)
He is 2 feet 8 inches tall.
That puts him in the 23% for weight and the 77% for height.
I have noticed that his pants have gotten too short for him, but the shirts are still very wide.


The biggest accomplishment of his development I have to say was Sunday in church. He dropped a toy and came over to me wanting a snack. I told him that he needed to pick up the toy that he dropped before I would give him more snack. I asked him to pick up the toy. He turned and looked at the toy, he walked over to it, picked it up, and brought it to me. He is understanding what I want him to do, and he is able to do it. Now, I know he will not always be able to do that. When he is tired and/or hungry, his little brain cannot comprehend more than that yet. I think they are that way up until they are school aged (for some kids it is definitely longer). So, although I can expect him to do this more, I have to be aware of his limitations. However, I can push him further with his development now that he has reached this milestone.






Carter and Lydia are co-conspirators for sure!! They have cleaned this shelf off, and climbed up in it all by themselves. Quite a feat when they both need the space and cannot help each other.



From what I understand, they also like to clean the cupboard out, climb in it, and play Peek-a-Boo. This is at Lydia's house, not mine for sure. I am a little too OCD to let that happen here.



I am amazed at how much he can understand. He likes to play with the lens cap of my camera. Friday he walks over to me taking pictures of him, and he puts the lens cap on the camera. He is just so smart. He has also figured out that when I take pictures of him - he can come over and see himself on the back of the camera. It is very cute. This picture is the first picture I took after he realized this. That look on his face is the excitement of that new knowledge. He is quite the little voyeur.






I took these pictures because he is wearing one of David's favorite outfits. The jacket matches the shirt. It is very David.

No comments:

Post a Comment