Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 9

Carter is getting really good at feeding himself. He scrapes the bowl pretty clean. For his Gluten-Free breakfast I didn't have to change a thing. He is eating the same thing he always has. With the exception of the Yogurt - we switched to Soy in May when we first started having issues. Soy yogurt, Applesauce, rice cereal, and a little bit of coconut (a recent addition as well). He won't eat anything else. We have tried pancakes in the past, and waffles, but no matter what I try, he is content with this mix.



He is a neat freak, like his mother. He made sure to get the wipes "Wees" out to wash his face and hands. Unfortunately, this time, he went a little overboard:


Day 9 went well. I made Macaroni & Cheese with Gluten-Free noodles, soy milk, & Cauliflower puree (as the "cheese"). I did add a little shredded cheese in for flavor, but he's never liked cheese anyways, so I didn't put a lot. I used Cornstarch instead of flour as a thickening agent. Lydia's mom, Chandra, gave me the recipe. Together, we modified it to accommodate his diet. She said she adds peas and carrots. I did that too. The last time I made this, he gobbled it down. Today, he left a considerable amount of vegetables in his bowl. Tomorrow will probably be completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment